log in to change your dishes, update your order or redeem rewards
Make our Golden Sesame Satay
Impress your friends by whipping up this plant powered game changer.
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp tsp vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cabbage
- ⅔ cup mixed quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 chopped spring onions
- ⅔ cup chopped broccoli
- ½ cup green beans
- Pickled red cabbage (ingredients above)
- ½ tbsp oil
- ½ tsp ginger puree
- 1 ½ tbsp lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup cashews
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp ginger puree
- ½ tsp garlic puree
- 2 tbsp dark tahini
- 1 ½ tbsp miso
- ½ tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- ¾ cup water
- 1 ½ cups chopped butternut squash
- ½ tbsp oil
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup edamame
- Mix 1 tbsp brown sugar, with 1 tbsp water vinegar in bowl. Add 11⁄4 cups shredded cabbage. Toss and let sit. Drain before serving.
- Combine ⅔ cup mixed quinoa with 1 ½ cups water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce head to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Steam ⅔ cup chopped broccoli with ½ cup green beans for 6 minutes.
- Mix the steamed broccoli and green beans with cooked quinoa, tossing in 2 finely chopped spring onions and the pickled red cabbage.
- In a small bowl, mix together ½ tbsp oil, ½ tsp ginger puree, 1 ½ tbsp lime juice and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Toss the dressing into the vegetables and quinoa.
- Pre-heat oven at 180°C. On a baking tray, toast ⅓ cup cashews for for 7-8 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Soak the toasted cashews with ⅓ cup sunflower seeds in hot water for 30 minutes and then drain.
- To a blender, add the soaked cashews + sunflower seeds, 1 chopped spring onion, 1 tbsp ginger puree, ½ tsp garlic puree, 2 tbsp dark tahini, miso, ½ tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp tamari, 2 tbsp coconut milk and ¾ cup water. Blend until smooth.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Mix 1 ½ cups chopped butternut squash with ½ tbsp oil on a roasting tray. Roast for 12 minutes. Add ½ cup chopped shallots to roasting tray and roast for a further 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Sautee 1 chopped red pepper with ½ cup edamame.
- In a pan, combine the vegetables with satay sauce. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Plate the Satay mix on your quinoa and garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, a little red chilli, and 3 sprigs of chopped coriander.