log in to change your dishes, update your order or redeem rewards
Make our BBQ Burrito Bowl
Put your skills to the test and prepare this delicious plant-powered dream.
We're not letting go of summer just yet.
The recipe and secrets behind our five part summertime hit: the BBQ Burrito Bowl, are now live. Impress your friends with a perfect dose of sunshine.
Tastes like a trip to your favourite Mexican-inspired street food stall. Caramelised BBQ jackfruit on a bed of Mexican-style rice, with refried beans and a smashed avo and corn sour cream, topped with a crunchy carrot and red cabbage slaw.
Give it a go. Get plant-inspired. And make sure to share the results! #allplants
1 tbsp sunflower seed oil
½ cup white onion, chopped
½ cup red onion, chopped
1 tbsp + 1 tsp molasses sugar
¼ tsp garlic puree
3 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 ½ tbsp red wine vinegar to a sauce-pan
½ tsp djon mustard
Pinch of chilli powder (1/12 tsp)
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp smoked paprika
⅛ tsp mixed spice
1 ½ tbsp tamari
2 tbsp liquid smoke
⅓ cup + 1 tbsp tomato paste
¼ cup water,
2 cans jackfruit
1 tbsp oil
⅔ cups white onion, chopped
1 tbsp garlic puree
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp cumin
⅛ tsp chilli powder
Pinch of pepper.
2 cans borlotti beans
1 tbsp lime juice
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup cooked brown basmati rice
1 spring onion, chopped
1 tbsp coriander, chopped
Pinch of salt
½ cup carrots, julienned
½ cup red cabbage, julienned
½ tsp lime juice
½ tbsp oil
½ cup sweetcorn
1 ½ avocado
½ tsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp lime juice
Pinch of sea salt and and pepper
allplants BBQ Sauce
- Add 1 tbsp sunflower seed oil, ½ cup chopped white onion, ½ cup chopped red onion, 1 tbsp + 1 tsp molasses sugar, ¼ tsp garlic puree, 3 tsp balsamic vinegar, and 1 ½ tbsp red wine vinegar to a sauce-pan and cook over low-medium heat. Stirring often, cook for 20-30 minutes, until sticky and caramelised.
- Then add ½ tsp djon mustard, a pinch of chilli powder (1/12 tsp), ½ tsp paprika, ½ tsp smoked paprika, ⅛ tsp mixed spice, 1 ½ tbsp tamari, 2 tbsp liquid smoke, ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp tomato paste and ¼ cup water, to the caramelised onions, and simmer for 4-5 minute.
- Add the sauce to a vitamix and blend until smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 200˙C. Add 2 drained cans of jackfruit to a roasting tray, and break it up with a potato masher. Pour the bbq sauce on the jackfruit and mix to incorporate.
- Cover the roasting tray with foil and bake it covered for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake it for a further 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, with a potato masher, mash well until finely pulled.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Add ⅔ cups chopped onion and cook until translucent. Once translucent, add in 1 tbsp garlic puree, 1 tsp paprika, ½ tsp cumin, ⅛ tsp chilli powder, a pinch of pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in two cans of borlotti beans, with their juice, 1 tbsp lime juice and ¼ tsp salt. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and mash with a potato mashers, leaving some beans whole.
- Combine ¾ cup cooked brown basmati rice with 1 chopped spring onion, 1 tbsp chopped coriander and a pinch of salt.
- In a bowl, combine ½ cup julienned carrots, ½ cup julienned red cabbage, ½ tsp lime juice and ½ tbsp oil. Mix to combine.
- To a magimix add ½ cup sweetcorn, 1 ½ avocado, ½ tsp cider vinegar, 1 tbsp lime juice, pinch of sea salt and pepper. Pulse until just combined.
Plate beautifully or wrap it up for lunch!